Terms & Conditions
The following booking conditions and information forms the basis of your contract with Absolute Scuba (“the Company”) of 201, Mapel, Nyati Environ, Lane no 5, Tingrenagar, Vishrantwadi, Pune 411 015. Your contract will be with the Company. Your contract with the Company is effected once the specified deposit has been paid by you.
These terms and conditions read along with the terms on the booking form will constitute the entire terms of the contract between the Company and you (the person making the booking (the lead client)), who will be deemed to agree to the terms of this contract for and on behalf of all other persons named on booking form or using the services contracted for by you. For the purposes of this contract the lead client will be deemed to have the authority to represent all the clients and person named on the booking form or using the services booked therein and all instructions, alterations, acceptances and other directions given by such Lead Client shall be deemed to have been given on behalf of all the others stated herein. If you have any special requests outside the services offered, the Company will endeavor to assist but is not obliged to do so. These must be notified to the company in writing along with the request for a booking or before the confirmation of the booking by the Company. . After the Company has confirmed the booking, any and all instructions for changes or alterations will be subject to a charge as detailed below. All such additional costs of a special request must be borne by you as per the terms stated herein.
The information about the tours featured in our marketing materials are given in good faith and believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, it may also prove necessary for the Company to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to local prevailing conditions. You agree to such necessary variations or modifications being made and also agree to be bound by the decision of the tour leader or representative appointed by the Company. In such circumstances the Company reserves the right to substitute alternative arrangements.
You need to contact us 4 weeks in advance of the date of your tour for bookings. You are required to send in the booking request with all details as required.
We will confirm your booking subject to you and all the persons accompanying you meeting all stated requirements, availability of accommodation and facilities and receipt of 100% payments as described below 4 weeks in advance of your tour start date.
If you wish to cancel your holiday, written notification must be given to the Company by the Lead Client. The date of cancellation will be the date the Company receives this written notice. In the event of cancellation by you, the following cancellation charges will be payable:
* 4 Weeks prior due date: 50% refunded
* 3 - 4 Weeks prior to due date: 40% refunded
* 2 - 3 Weeks prior to due date: 20 % Refund
* 1 - 2 Weeks prior to due date: NO REFUND
NOTE: For outbound dive holidays to destinations in and outside India, please refer to specific cancellation policy in the Invoice.
Alterations By You
It is vitally important that your requirements be clearly stated at the time of booking. If, once the booking has been accepted by the Company, you wish to make any alterations to the booking details, e.g. change of name, date, accommodation, duration etc., the company will do all it can to assist you although it is under no obligation to make any alterations other than to allow you or any member of your party who is prevented from traveling to transfer his/her booking to someone else, provided that written notice is given to the Company not less than 21 days before the departure date with full details of the transfer. The transferee(s) must satisfy all the requirements for a diving holiday as set out in these terms and conditions and the marketing materials. You will be requiredto pay any additional costs arising from your alteration. Any changes you wish to make to your holiday arrangements once your holiday has commenced are your sole responsibility. The Company will not be responsible for the additional cost of any changes you make whilst on holiday and these must be paid for by you.
Request for a change in date for Confined water sessions will be possible based on availability for the revised dates requested. A charge of Rs 2,500 is applicable per date change per person.
Request for a change in date for Open water sessions / holiday will be possible based on availability for the revised dates requested. A rescheduling charge of 50% on total tour price paid is applicable per date change per person.
A student requiring a 3rd day of instructional training at the pool will incur a charge of INR 4,500 per date per person. This 3rd day could arise due to need for additional training, inability of the student to train for 2 consecutive days as scheduled, owing to ill health, situations beyond the student’s anticipation / control or any reasons due to which the student does not appear on the scheduled dates of the Course. No refund is applicable in case of the student failing the Swimming Test or abandoning the course midway.
No refund or compensation is payable by the company for any unused accommodation, diving, services or features provided during the holiday. Clients who do not complete a diving course / Dive pack for any reason whatsoever, cannot be refunded for a portion or the remainder of the diving course / package.
The Company reserves the right to change the prices advertised in the Internet homepages at anytime without notice. Such changes to the price maybe as a result of Indian or foreign government action (including changes in the rate of VAT / service tax and any other duties or levies), currency fluctuations or increases in transportation costs etc. All price changes effected after booking has been confirmed is payable with 7 days of intimation. If such change results in an increase of more than 15% of the original cost quoted, you may cancel the booking and obtain a full refund, less an administration charge of not more than INR 1,000 per person. In the event that the holiday you have bought is subsequently sold or offered for sale at a lower price than you paid, we will be under no obligation to refund the difference in the price.
(1) The Company shall make its best endeavor to ensure that the tour and facilities are of Reasonable Standards as stated in our offer. However, the Company has no control over third party facilities and further, you must appreciate that in developing countries service in hotels, on tour and in restaurants cannot be expected to be of the same standard as those in the Western Countries and the term “reasonable standard” must be interpreted accordingly. This is particularly important where “dive boats” are involved in a tour and the clear limitations of being on such a small vessel must be accepted. Additionally, the company does not bear any responsibility if the trip has to be canceled due to non-fulfillment of the minimum number of guests required to successfully execute the program.
(2) The Company DOES NOT accept liability for any loss including death or personal injury you may suffer in respect of the holiday arrangements you book with the Company except those attributable directly to the negligence of the Company.
(3) The Company’s liability to compensate you and the amount of such compensation is subject to the following limitations. First, in the case of damage other than death, illness or personal injury, compensation is restricted to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as the holiday cost and the extent to which the enjoyment of your holiday can be said to have been affected, level of negligence of the employees of the Company and contributory negligence on your part. The maximum amount of such compensation the Company will pay you is limited to the price of the tour as paid by you. Second, in all cases, liability and compensation are restricted in accordance with the provisions of all International Conventions relevant to the transportation and accommodation provided.
(4) Diving activities carry inherent risks and each person wishing to participate in such activities may be asked by the Company to sign liability releases and provide a current medical and in all cases must adhere to the restrictions imposed by the Company.
The Company accepts no responsibility for and shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage or alterations, delays or changes arising from unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond its control, such as war, or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial disputes including air traffic control disputes, terrorist activity, political unrest, change in government regulations, natural and nuclear disaster, floods, fire and adverse weather conditions, technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports or ports.
Proof of diving qualification by a recognized agency is compulsory. Certified Divers must submit their diving qualifications to the Divemaster/ Dive Instructor before diving can commence. All clients on the booking form participating in scuba diving must be in good health and not have any medical history of lung disorders, asthma, epilepsy, diabetic or recent surgery and agree to discontinue diving if respiratory congestion or a head cold or any other medical condition takes place during the holiday. If the client has any medical condition contrary to these requirements he/she must produce a diving medical certificate of fitness, prior to diving. Failure to provide satisfactory diving qualifications or medical certificates will not result in any liability whatsoever on the part of the Company.
Responsibility For Diving
The Company makes every effort to ensure the highest standards of diving etiquette and safety. However, clients are advised that diving takes place at their own risk and they must behave in a fit and proper manner at all times, in accordance with all recognized diving practices and procedures and take proper responsibility for their own safety. Clients are advised that certain diving sites are very remote, either by distance or time or both, from a recompression chamber. The Company reserves the right to require to withdraw from the holiday any person whose actions or conduct is considered by the Company in its absolute discretion to be incompatible with the comfort and safety of the company’s other clients or to be offensive to them. In the event of such conduct, no liability whatsoever will be owed to that person by the Company upon withdrawal from the holiday.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all necessary travel documents such as passports, visas and to ensure that all diving qualifications are obtained and are valid.
If you have cause for complaint whilst on holiday, you must bring it to the attention of the Company who will then do their best to rectify the situation. It is unreasonable to afford the Company or its representatives no opportunity to rectify any problem whilst on your tour and failure to do so on to compensation.
Should any problem remain unresolved, any complaint must be made in writing to the Company within 28 days of completion of the tour.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate insurance cover. It is a condition of booking your holiday that you have taken out adequate insurance against such risks as medical costs, personal accident risks, personal liability and legal expenses. You are especially advised to insure against cancellation and loss of deposit. You are required to ensure that your policy has an endorsement for scuba diving if you are undertaking it as part of your tour.
Terms for booking Lakshadweep Holidays:
Your booking and all logistical arrangements are confirmed via 3rd parties apart from Absolute Scuba. Please see below for details:
- S.P.O.R.T.S – Lakshadweep Tourism authority under Ministry of Tourism for Entry Permits, Room Reservations & Inter Island Boat Transfers from Agatti – Kadmat.
- Lakshadweep Diving Academy – under Ministry of Tourism, U.T of Lakshadweep for all diving arrangements & support at SPORTS resort, Kadmat.
Due to multiple vendors involved in the booking & execution of this Trip, the following rules apply to your Lakshadweep Booking:
- Absolute Scuba holds no responsibility for last minute cancellations arising out of failure to deliver from any of the 3rd parties.
- Refunds, if applicable, will be remitted to your account only after they have been returned to the Company by the 3rd parties on actual basis.
Due to remote location of the Destination, Absolute Scuba suggests you purchase a Dive and Travel insurance for the trip.
This can be done best through Divers Alert Network (D.A.N):